[Scip] Providing SCIP with an initial solution for a MIP

Sebastian Ruther Sebastian.Ruther at uon.edu.au
Fri Oct 21 06:47:49 MEST 2011

  Hello,

I know this thread is about a month old but I would like to reopen it.
And I would like to answer a question Marc asked:
"What would you want to do with a partial solution?"
Suppose you have a TSP and know a partial tour but you are not sure if
this partial tour is feasible. I want to give this to SCIP and let it
complete the tour. However, if it can't complete the tour, I want it to
automatically discard the partial tour and resolve.

Of course you could fix the variables for the partial tour and let it
solve. Then if it's infeasible unfix and solve again. But that seems to
be a lot of work for something so intuitive.

Cheers,
Sebastian