[Scip] How can I read the values of fixed variables in the collected feasible solutions

michael.winkler@zib.de michael.winkler at zib.de
Wed Aug 29 14:36:51 MEST 2012

Hi,

> 3.  3. If I remove SCIPfreeTransform() and just fix the variables and
> solve, it errors out while fixing the variables for each solution stating
> “invalid SCIP stage”.
>
>  *Complete error message:         **[src/scip/scip.c:12290] ERROR: invalid
> SCIP stage <8>*

The above is not allowed and you should try to work with your step 2.

> 2. 2.  I am using SCIPfreeTransform() only to reset the problem before
> fixing integral variables for each solution. I get segmentation fault if I
> use SCIPfreeTransform().

Do you have a SCIP_CALL( ) around the SCIPfreeTransform() ? If not please
add it.

Can you also compile your project and SCIP in debug mode by using "make
OPT=dbg".

Hopefully, this should result in an error message or assert.
Can you send this to me (, instead of the whole mailing list.)

If there is still only a segmentation fault, please use gdb(or any other
debugger) or valgrind(or any other memory checking tool) to determine the
reason for it.

Best, Michael