[Scip] Implementing new branching rule

Timo Berthold berthold at zib.de
Tue Dec 18 21:16:31 MET 2012

Hi Sid,

this function gives you an array of SCIP_VAR pointers. These variables are
variables in the transformed problem which have a fractional solution in
the LP solution of the current node relaxation.

If you want to get the variable's problem index, you can call the function
SCIPvarGetProbindex() with these variable pointers as input.

I am curious: what variant of strong branching do you plan to implement?

I recommend you to look through the full strong branching and maybe the
most fractional branching rule in SCIP to get an idea how they are set up.

If not yet happened, I further recommend you to have a look at the
following points in the SCIP documentation:
http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/BRANCH.shtml
http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/scip_8h.shtml#a04924d1578c8b893f8420001445210fd
http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/pub__var_8h.shtml#a661c5d1f7f4e09471f8d2898b5bda91c

Also check out our FAQ.