[Scip] LP solution status SCIP_LPSOLSTAT_OBJLIMIT

Grit Claßen classen at math2.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Jul 16 11:55:29 MEST 2012

Hello,

during my Branch-and-Price algorithm I would like to use the current LP
solution for the calculation of a lower bound. Though, I observed that
the LP solution is sporadically set to infinity. In these cases, the LP
solution status is "SCIP_LPSOLSTAT_OBJLIMIT". Searching the SCIP code, I
realized that the LP solution is set to infinity as soon as the LP
solution exceeds the objective limit. However, I do not set a limit on
the objective value. This is why I do not understand the LP solution status.

Can anyone explain what is going on here?

Thanks and best wishes,
Grit

--

Dipl.-Comp.Math. Grit Claßen

UMIC Research Centre and Lehrstuhl II für Mathematik
RWTH Aachen University
52056 Aachen
Germany

phone: +49 241 80 20753 or +49 241 80 94999
http://www.math2.rwth-aachen.de
http://www.isek.rwth-aachen.de