[Scip] problems with SCIPfree / SCIPreleaseCons

Hélène Toussaint helene.toussaint at isima.fr
Tue Mar 6 17:05:48 MET 2012

Hi,

I have a BCP code with one pricer and one constraint handler. I keep in
memory all the variables (included the variables generated by the
pricer) and all the initial constraints. I use several vectors like it
is done in the queens example. The constraints generated by the
constraints handler are not kept in memory. The initial constraints are
changed when I generate a new variable.

I'd like to release all variables and constraints and free SCIP in the
same way it is done in the queens example but it causes assertions:

If I call these functions :

SCIPreleaseVar

SCIPreleaseCons

SCIPfree

I have the following message caused by SCIPreleaseCons:

src/scip/cons.c:4933: SCIPconsRelease: Assertion `!(*cons)->active ||
(*cons)->updatedeactivate' failed.

If I don't call SCIPreleaseCons the SCIPfree function asserts:

src/scip/var.c:2842: SCIPvarAddLocks: Assertion `var != ((void *)0)' failed.

I have tried to run with valgrind (with the flag --leak-check=full) but
it did not give me useful information.

I don't understand why I get these assertions. Do you have an idea?

Best,

Hélène