[Scip] LazyConstraints and Dual Bound

Martin Tieves Martin.Tieves at rwth-aachen.de
Tue Mar 20 18:10:17 MET 2012

Hallo

I have the following problem. Lets say I have a mixed integer problem running and I am somewhere in the branch and bound tree. Suddenly I find a feasible constraint, limmiting my potential objective value (e.g. for a minimization problem: objective >= a). If I add this constraint (via a "lazy"-constraint-handler and ScipAddCut), all following solutions have an objective value bigger than a, but if I ask for SCIPgetDualbound, this value is still LOWER than a (It was not adapted?). Resulting, if a solution with objective value equal to a is found, the solution process does not terminate, because of the (lower than a) dualbound.

What could I have done wrong? Or what could I do, sucht hat scip adapts it's dual bound if such constraints are added?

Best regards

Martin Tieves