[Scip] SCIPgetTransformedCons

Jose Walteros jl.walteros at gmail.com
Fri May 18 00:52:42 MEST 2012

Hi all,

I coded a Branch and price using the binpacking example as a a starting point. So far everything is working and the code is running, I was able to solve the previous problems that I had before.

I am currently running some tests and I found that the pricer problem is not being called while solving some nodes in the b&b tree (my impression is that maybe the nodes are cut by infeasibility, but I want to be sure about the reason). What I have seen, at least for the instances that I am using, is that SCIP by default solves the tree using a depth first search (it might not be the case always, but for the instance that I am running, it explores the tree in this fashion). I am using as a branching rule a very similar rule compared to the Ryan Foster's, that comes with the binpacking example. I was wondering if there is a simple way to access the value of the objective function at each node and also to find out if the node was cut off (and the reason why it was cut off, i.e., cut by bound, or by infeasibility )?

I think that doing this can be done by writing an event handler or something like that, but I have not seen a file like that in the examples that you have.

Thanks for your help.

-Jose