[Scip] scipoptsuite-3.0.0 and ziboptsuite2.1.1 give different results

Timo Berthold berthold at zib.de
Fri Nov 30 09:51:34 MET 2012

tl;dr: Known bug in SCIP 3.0 with ranged rows which are parallel to
objective function

Dear Hélène,

> I have recently upgraded my ziboptsuite version from 2.1.1 to 3.0.0.. I run a
column generation program using version 2.1.1 and version 3.0.0. and I
obtained
> different results (I have changed nothing in my code).

I think that is a known bug of SCIP 3.0.

What happens is that in presolving, the sub-problem gets reduced to
min -y20-y21-y24
s.t.
1 <= y20+y21+y24 <= 2

The SCIP 3.0 release has a known problem with instances for which the
objective function is parallel to a ranged row.

@Stefan: Could you send Hélène a patch for this?

Actually, the output LP-file was wrong for the same reason (the
constraint is incorrectly marked as "unnecessary").

Best regards
Gregor and Timo