[Scip] Question on using 3.0.0 in windows

Guillermo Irisarri Guillermo.Irisarri at oati.net
Thu Oct 18 15:05:25 MEST 2012

Hello Michael/Stefan:

I wonder whether you had the opportunity to look at my question from a previous email:

In the meantime, I have a question about the usage if SCIP 3.0.0 in Windows (32) systems. I tried the new binary and could not make it work. 1) The linker found an unresolved reference for SCIPinfinity. I replaced that by DBL_MAX for the time being to get through that part, 2.) When running the application Windows complains about not finding the "scip-3.0.0.win.x86.vc10.opt.spx.mt.exe", which is strange since this is the SCIP interactive application. I put that in the path, anyway, 3) The application started and failed with an exception in the first call to SCIP_CALL_EXC(SCIPcreate(&scip)).

I did not see these problems with the scip-2.1.1 where the only thing I needed was the DLL scip-2.1.1.win.x86.vc10.opt.spx.dll (and the corresponding library). Is there something else needed besides the DLL/Lib?

I have tried various ways around the issues and have not been able to find a solution.

First, using SCIPinfinity gives an undefined external. For instance with the Queens problem as a test, and from Microsoft VS 10:

1>------ Build started: Project: Queens, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

1>Build started 10/18/2012 7:48:48 AM.

1>InitializeBuildStatus:

1>  Creating "Debug\Queens.unsuccessfulbuild" because "AlwaysCreate" was specified.

1>ClCompile:

1>  All outputs are up-to-date.

1>  Queens.cpp

1>ManifestResourceCompile:

1>  All outputs are up-to-date.

1>Queens.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _SCIPinfinity

1>F:\ Queens\Debug\Queens.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

1>

1>Build FAILED.

1>

1>Time Elapsed 00:00:03.23

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

This can be overcome (temporarily at least) replacing SCIPinfinity with DBL_MAX or something like that (just to be able to continue the debug). However, after a successful build and when starting the execution I get:

[cid:image001.png at 01CDAD07.54808EA0]

I have the DLL in place. It is strange that it is asking for the .exe which is the SCIP shell.

If I put the executable along with the DLL it starts but then fails with:

[cid:image002.png at 01CDAD07.54808EA0]

When trying to execute: SCIP_CALL_EXC( SCIPcreate(& _scip) );

I don't see why the .exe is needed since the DLL should be all that is required (same as 2.1.1) I wonder if I am doing something unusual or if there are other people with the same issues in Windows systems.

If you have a chance, please let me know.

Thanks

Guillermo

Thank you very much for your answer. I will try the MinUC suggestion.

In the meantime, I have a question about the usage if SCIP 3.0.0 in Windows (32) systems. I tried the new binary and could not make it work. 1) The linker found an unresolved reference for SCIPinfinity. I replaced that by DBL_MAX for the time being to get through that part, 2) When running the application Windows complains about not finding the "scip-3.0.0.win.x86.vc10.opt.spx.mt.exe", which is strange since this is the SCIP interactive application. I put that in the path, anyway, 3) The application started and failed with an exception in the first call to SCIP_CALL_EXC(SCIPcreate(&scip)).

I did not see these problems with the scip-2.1.1 where the only thing I needed was the DLL scip-2.1.1.win.x86.vc10.opt.spx.dll (and the corresponding library). Is there something else needed besides the DLL/Lib?

I appreciate it very much if you let me know what may be happening here.

Thanks

Guillermo

-----
Open Access Technology International, Inc.
e-mail: Guillermo.Irisarri at oati.net<mailto:P at oati.net>
3660 Technology Drive NE
Minneapolis, MN 55418
CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION:  This email and any attachment(s) contain confidential and/or proprietary information of Open Access Technology International, Inc.  Do not copy or distribute without the prior written consent of OATI.  If you are not a named recipient to the message, please notify the sender immediately and do not retain the message in any form, printed or electronic.
-----