[Scip] Question on using 3.0.0 in windows

Guillermo Irisarri Guillermo.Irisarri at oati.net
Fri Oct 19 14:29:08 MEST 2012

Hello Michael:

Thanks for the information. This was useful.

I believe I found what the problem with the DLL (or .exe) is. The distribution archive (scip-3.0.0.win.x86.vc10.opt.spx.lib.zip) has a DLL: scip-3.0.0.win.x86.vc10.opt.spx.dll). However, Windows is attempting to load the same DLL with the name: scip-3.0.0.win.x86.vc10.opt.spx.mt.exe. The way to deal with that is to actually rename the distributed DLL to that name and that takes care of it. This is unusual since it should have been built with the appropriate name (as DLL not .exe) from the beginning, but the simple rename is enough. This may be useful to some of the other Windows users, or maybe you can fix the build to take care of this automatically for the next release (as already is in 2.1.1).

Thanks for your help.

Guillermo