[Scip] using original variables within custom branch rule

Miles Lubin miles.lubin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 23:56:39 MEST 2012

Hello,

I'm working on a custom branching rule for a particular model where
the branching decisions are made based on the states of a subset of
the variables in the model (once these are fixed, all other variables
must satisfy integrality). The logic isn't entirely straightforward,
so I can't use the built-in handling for branching priorities. I have
an array of SCIP_VAR*'s corresponding to the special variables in the
original model, and I can pass this array as data to the branching
rule. My question is: will functions like SCIPvarGetLbLocal() and
SCIPchgVarLbNode() work with these original variables when called from
within the branching rule, or do I need find and use the (potentially)
transformed variables in the presolved model?

Thanks!
Miles