[Scip] Deleting variables

Jonas Witt jonas.witt at rwth-aachen.de
Tue Apr 23 08:53:12 MEST 2013

Hi all,

I'm having problems with deleting variables. I know you list deleting
variables as a known bug on your website, but maybe you can still help me.

I use a sub-SCIP and initialize it with some initial variables and
constraints. This should work as some kind of pattern. So everytime I
use this sub-SCIP, I want to add new variables and constraints to it,
solve it and then delete the recently added variables and constraints.
So after this solving proccess, the sub-SCIP should only consist of
initial variables and constraints.

I delete the recently added constraints with SCIPdelCons(). After this
deletion the recently added variables do not belong to any constraint of
the problem. Then I tried to delete these variables via SCIPdelVar() but
failed (the variables still belong to the problem). It is important to
really delete these variables and not just fix them to zero.

How can I use the sub-SCIP the way I have described it without copying
the whole problem?

Best regards,
Jonas