[Scip] integer variables get assigned non-integer values

Stefan Lörwald stefan.loerwald at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 10:20:19 CET 2013

Hi Timo,

if the user requires binary variables any solution having non-binary
results are per definition infeasible.
Therefore SCIP shouldn't report 0.9999999 as a feasible solution (even
w.r.t. tolerances), if it isn't 0/1 feasible.
Either it should report as infeasible because the best value (0.999999)
doesn't satisfy the 0/1 constraint, or it should report as infeasible
because rounding to 1 would be infeasible.

However I'd very much like to actually see a case in which 0.9999999 is
feasible, but 1 is not. Do you have an example at hand?

Stefan

One amendment to Stefan's reply: