[Scip] Why is SCIP not applying my cuts?

Stefan Heinz heinz at zib.de
Sun Feb 3 12:22:16 MET 2013

Hi Daniel,

it is most like that there is a "technical" issue. Meaning that your
cuts are applied but not counted. Therefore, we first need to check this.

Which method are you using to create a row. You should use one of the
following:

SCIPcreateRowCons()
http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/scip_8h.shtml#a8f71263b6e58cb5182ff009720342651

SCIPcreateEmptyRowCons()
http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/scip_8h.shtml#a41ae66e0ec0e8b636a3185825092f39f

Note that SCIPcreateEmptyRow() and SCIPcreateRow() are deprecated since
the 3.0.0 release.
See documentation:
http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/scip_8h.shtml#a0f3f5d2982142da67c59fb8de0ccbd9c
http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/scip_8h.shtml#ad250ffa5f36870fc0eb2c10e1e2eaa67

Using one of the "new" methods and passing your constraint handler as
third argument allows for counting the applied cuts. This actually is
the reason why we changed the interface for the row creation. With the
new methods we are now able to print the statistics which type of cuts
are applied in the end (at least once). Therefore, we (the SCIP core)
needs to know to which separator or constraint handler a cut belongs.

Are you using the "new" methods?

Best Stefan