[Scip] compile linear solver to a shared library

Gregor Hendel hendel at zib.de
Wed Feb 6 12:57:54 MET 2013

Hi Maxim,

I'm not sure if I got your question right. Do you want to
1) make shared libraries for the SCIP default distribution,
     or do you have
2) a customized example which you want to librarize?

Since 2) depends on 1), I will try to answer both questions. The SCIP
Makefile already provides the functionality to create shared libraries.
Here's what I would do, assuming you are using gcc and linux:

1) Go to the SCIP-directory, build the shared libraries by typing

    make SHARED=true

which should output something like

-> generating library lib/libscip-3.0.1.1.linux.x86_64.gnu.opt.so
-> generating library lib/libobjscip-3.0.1.1.linux.x86_64.gnu.opt.so
-> generating library lib/liblpispx-3.0.1.1.linux.x86_64.gnu.opt.so
-> generating library lib/libnlpi.cppad-3.0.1.1.linux.x86_64.gnu.opt.so

at the end, depending on your SCIP-version, of course.

2) In case you want to also include your customized example code into a
shared library "libtest.so", go to the main directory of your example,
type

    make clean

followed by

   make SHARED=true VERBOSE=true

which creates object files suitable for a shared library in the
obj/O.linux.x86_64.gnu.*/ directory of your example. Finally,
type

    gcc -shared -o libexample.so obj/O.linux.x86_64.gnu.opt/*.o

to put everything into the desired library. Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Gregor