[Scip] how to free a problem preserving the problem data

Andreas Gebauer Andreas.Gebauer at rwth-aachen.de
Tue Feb 12 15:35:08 MET 2013

Hi all,

I just wondered what the best way may be in order to free a SCIP problem completely (including variables and constraints) except for the problem data.
We try to implement a rolling solution process with a rather extensive initialization (using some self-written readers) that feeds the ProbData.
After reaching a (hopefully good) solution, we want to delete all variables and constraints (as they are too specific in order to use them in the next step) and free the solving process. After that, new variables and constraints are added using the problem data.
SCIPfreeTransform does not delete variables and constraints while SCIPfree frees all ProbData.
I've also experimented with SCIPcopy functionality as well as with copying probdata but I got nowhere.

Thanks and best regards
Andreas