[Scip] algorithm MINLP solver?

Liffey1986@gmx.de Liffey1986 at gmx.de
Fri Jan 25 13:34:33 MET 2013

Thanks a lot to both of you for your great help!

@Timo: Yes, I'm currently working on my thesis and trying to describe how SCIP works.

I'm still not sure if I got it right, so I'll describe how I think it works:

1. the MINLP is relaxed --> NLP
2. SCIP finds a linear and convex underestimator for the NLP (how is this done?, at which point?)--> LP
3. the LP is solved --> (x0,y0) is sollution
4. branching on an integer variable --> subproblems
5. SCIP adds cuts to the LP-subproblems

3-5 is done until all the yi are integer

After that SCIP branches on the continuous variables xi, until the gap is good enough.

Is that correct?

Regards,
Ina

-------- Original-Nachricht --------