[Scip] Question about SCIP

Thorsten Koch koch at zib.de
Sun Jun 16 21:50:53 MEST 2013

Hi Phuong,

have a look here

http://opus4.kobv.de/opus4-zib/frontdoor/index/index/docId/1462

Best regards,
Thorsten

Am 16.06.2013 21:03, schrieb Gregor Hendel:
> Hi Phuong,
>
> there are some ways to get started with SCIP. Unfortunately, I am not an
> expert in Steiner Tree formulations, I assume that your model involves
> binary variables for every edge, and exponentially many constraints to
> satisfy the connection requirements. You may want to generate and add a
> set of constraints on the fly during solving, which is referred to as
> "branch-and-cut" throughout the SCIP documentation:
>
> http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/START.shtml
>
> The TSP and the LOP example should contain most of the basic code for
> your purpose. Follow the instructions and adapt the code to your data
> representation.
>
> Another way to surpass the gap between your data and a SCIP-readable
> problem is the use of the ZIMPL modelling language which is part of the
> SCIP Optimization Suite. You find its documentation here:
> http://zimpl.zib.de/
>
> I hope this helps getting started.
>
> Regards,
> Gregor
>
> Am 15.06.2013 18:43, schrieb Phương Lê Thị Hồng:
>> Hello Mr. Hendel,
>>
>> My name is Phuong. This is the first time i learned SCIP software. So
>> i have some trouble to read data from files. Could you help me for the
>> code of reading data from some files not only one file? These files
>> are about a graph, for instance data of Steiner Tree Packing Problem.
>>
>> Thank you very much.
>>

>> Phuong.

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
Curiosity has its own reason for existing.          -- Albert Einstein
Dr. Thorsten Koch / Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum für Informationstechnik Berlin
www.zib.de/koch  /          Takustraße 7, 14195 Berlin-Dahlem, Germany
koch at zib.de     /                     Phone +49-30-84185-213, Fax -269
_______________/  DFG Research Center "Matheon"  http://www.matheon.de

Kooperativer Bibliotheksverbund Berlin Brandenburg  http://www.kobv.de
digiS: Servicestelle Digitalisierung Berlin
http://www.servicestelle-digitalisierung.de