[Scip] The Cut Pool in Scip

Victor Miller victorsmiller at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 16:58:24 MEST 2013

I'm in the process of writing a constraint handler.  In this constraint
(which I'll call the *big* constraint), it will keep an auxilliary list of
quantities (which are lists of other data).  Each of these quantities can
themselves be thought of as another, simpler, kind of constraint.  For each
of the simpler constraints there's an efficient separation procedure.  If
all such separators are generated, but I've determined that the original
(big) constraint isn't satisfied, then there's a method of generating one
or more of the simpler constraints which must be satisfied.  So the
strategy is to keep iterating this.  However, in running this the number of
separators generated can get quite large.  The question that I have is
whether or not I should just add them to the cut pool, and allow it to use
whatever heuristics it has (is there a good explanation of this?) to
determine which ones to use.  Can you give me some guidance on this?

Victor