[Scip] Getting duals solution in MIP solving

Vivek Periaraj vivek.periaraj at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 18:30:50 MET 2013

Hi List,

I am trying to implement a pricer but I am unable to get any dual solutions from the problem object. The following are the steps I did:

1) I loaded default plugins
2) I loaded a lp file into SCIP problem object using SCIPreadProb()
3) I initialize and activate the pricer.
4) I invoke SCIPsolve()

In the PRICERREDCOST callback, I call SCIPgetDualsolLinear() and all the duals turn out to be zeros. I tried several problems and same is the case.

I tried SCIPtransformProb() but still duals were zeros.

Am I missing any step? Do I have to enable/disable any other plugins? Using soplex and cpx as the LP solver exhibit the same problem.

Regards,
Vivek.