[Scip] Getting SCIP to write out cuts

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Fri Mar 15 10:29:38 MET 2013

Hi,

On 03/14/2013 06:45 PM, Victor Miller wrote:
> I'd like to do the following:  I have an IP problem.  I'd like to have SCIP
> do cut finding in the root node, then stop, and write out the added cuts,
> preferably in the original variables.  How can I do this?

You could run SCIP with a nodelimit of 1 and write the current LP with:
SCIP_RETCODE SCIPwriteLP (SCIP *scip, const char *filename)
The same funcionality is available with the interactive shell.

The names of the rows in the LP will likely tell you whether the row
corresponds to one the linear constraints or was generated by a cut
generator. Since the LP is build for the transformed problem only, there
is no immediate way to print it in terms of the original problem
variable. Especially when new variables were added for the transformed
problem only, this may not even be possible.

Best,
Stefan