[Scip] Change variable type

Leonardo Taccari taccari at elet.polimi.it
Fri May 10 19:42:36 MEST 2013

Hi,

I'm using column generation to get an LP upper bound for a (maximization)
MILP. I have a pricer and an initial heuristic that generate variables for
the (linear) RMP, etc.

Now, suppose that, after I get an optimal solution, I want to solve the
integral version of the final RMP (keeping some/all of the columns
generated by the pricing, so the original problem is not enough), by
setting to binary the relaxed variables in the RMP and then solve again.

SCIPchgVarType() doesn't seem to work after Scip has solved a problem. I
tried to do something like copying the scip instance, but I haven't really
figured out a solution.

Is there an obvious way to change a VarType that I couldn't find?

Thanks.
Leonardo