[Scip] providing SCIP with a new current solution during BCP

Ambros Gleixner gleixner at zib.de
Thu May 23 15:41:00 MEST 2013

Dear Héléne,

something as you suggest is not fully possible.  What works is to change
the bounds and objective function of the LP temporarily in order to
pivot to a different basis and retrieve the primal and dual solution.
For this, you could use the diving mode.

However, after ending the diving mode, SCIP will continue from the
basis before diving.  It is currently not possible to change this.

Also, diving mode does currently not allow to change the bounds (sides)
of the LP rows, which is necessary if you want to restrict yourself to
the optimal hyperplane.  We have a patch available that implements this,
however, and we could send it to you if you want to play around with this.

Best regards

Ambros