[Scip] Problem with Conflict Analysis

Alexander Schnell alexander.schnell at univie.ac.at
Thu Oct 10 15:32:47 CEST 2013

Dear SCIP team,

I implemented a Constraint Handler for a special
project scheduling problem.

In the CONS_RESPROP function, I try to explain the bound
changes processed through the propagation algorithm implemented in
the CONS_PROP function.

In the function for the explanation generation, I observed a problem
with the function SCIPvarGetLbAtIndex(...):

In the propagation algorithm, the lower bound is propagated with
the function SCIPinferVarLbCons(). I integrate the integer lower bound
of the variable responsible for the processed bound change as an
inferinfo in this function.

In the CONS_RESPROP function, I compare the latter value with the actual
lower bound of the responsible variable given by
SCIPvarGetLbAtIndex(...) at the given bound change index.

My problem is that these values are not the same, which should not be
the case in my understanding.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Alexander Schnell