[Scip] Installed python-zibopt on ubuntu

Raphael C drraph at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 22:51:58 CEST 2013

I am attempting and failing to install python-zibopt on ubuntu.  I
have tried to follow the instructions at
https://code.google.com/p/python-zibopt/wiki/Installation and am stuck
in the step that involves compiling scip.  I run "make" and do my best
to follow the instructions to make the soft links. I however can't
find any .so file to link to so have to sklp those steps. When I then
run make I get

-> compiling obj/O.linux.x86.gnu.opt/lib/scip/reader_zpl.o
src/scip/reader_zpl.c:42:24: fatal error: zimpl/bool.h: No such file
or directory
compilation terminated.

I can see that file in ./zimpl-3.2.0/src but it doesn't seem to be
looking there.

I also tried pip install python-zipopt but understandably that fails as well.

I then tried instead to just download and make scipoptsuite-3.0.1.tgz
hoping that might be a way to solve the problem.  I got as far as
'make test' which works. What should I do now? How can I tell pip
install python-zibopt to look in ~/scip-3.0.1/src for
blockmemshell/memory.h?  Scip hasn't installed anything centrally as
make install does not seem to be implemented.

Raphael