[Scip] Scip for combinatorial enumeration and probability

David Ruescas fastness at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 22:21:01 CEST 2013

Dear Benjamin,

Thank you for your comment.

I did not intend to generate _different_ solutions (after all, these are
fixed by the constraints) only to randomly alter _the order_ in which they
are enumerated. By doing this, one could enumerate eg the first 1000
solutions (when the space is much much larger) as a subsample. If the
ordering is sufficiently random, sampling could in theory allow estimations
when it is infeasible to enumerate the entire solution space.

I have tried to play around with this parameter, and the first subset of
solutions presented are indeed different. although I admittedly do not know
if the randomness involved is sound for sampling purposes.

Kind regards,

David