[Scip] Get linear constraint to corresponding row

Gerald Gamrath gamrath at zib.de
Tue Apr 1 09:06:25 CEST 2014

Dear Markus,

there is no such method in SCIP. The reason for this is, that in a
general CIP setting, there is no one-to-one correspondence between
constraints and rows. An "and" constraint, for example can add multiple
rows to get a tighter relaxation of the constraint in the LP. The
knapsack constraint handler, on the other hand, separates knapsack cover
cuts, so generates multiple rows as well, even if the initial LP
relaxation is just one row. Even more, a constraint handler could also
separate cuts based on more than one constraint of its type.

Therefore, there is no general method for this. "SCIPgetRowLinear" is
implemented in the linear constraint handler, which knows at that point
that it creates exactly one row for each constraint and therefore can
return the row.

What was it you wanted to do? Perhaps you can just work on the row (you
can get the columns there and also get the variable for a column by
"SCIPcolGetVar") or work directly on the linear constraints?