[Scip] some theoretical questions about SCIP

Wei Wang wwang at virginia.edu
Sun Apr 20 00:33:03 CEST 2014

Hi,

I have a few questions on the theoretical part of SCIP. I skimmed over
Dr/.Achterberg///'s dissertation. Unfortunately, theory is not my field
of research, so I was completely lost when I read it. I hope somebody on
this list can help with these questions. Here are my questions:

First, what is the theoretical complexity of SCIP when solving an
integer programming problem?

Second, how is the approach used by SCIP compared to Lenstra's algorithm
and its variants? Is SCIP's algorithm performs better than them?
Additionally, is SCIP related to Lenstra's algorithm? It seems to me
they are related, but Lenstra's paper was not referenced in the
dissertation.

Third, is that possible to speed up SCIP with multi-threading? Or, can
SCIP's algorithm be partitioned into concurrent parts?

Thank you,
Wei