[Scip] imposing branches of master in subproblem

Shahin Gelareh shahin.gelareh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 14:55:44 CEST 2014

Dear SCIPers

for my branch-and -price , I spent one day trying implement (with minimal
success) those stuffs in explained in  FAQ (also looking at coloring
example). The question in FAQ says:
"I want to store some information at the nodes and update my pricer's data
structures when entering a new node. How can I do that?"

The explanation is talking about three different things apparently.
What I need is basically imposing branches in master problem on variables
of subproblem:
that is the last line of this FAQ question.

Well, I doubt that looking into the coloring example would be a very
straightforward way to understand how to do that, at least for me :)

I have added

   SCIP_CALL( SCIPaddConsNode(scip, upchild,   up_branch_con,  NULL) );
   SCIP_CALL( SCIPaddConsNode(scip, downchild, down_branch_con, NULL) );

  Now in the SCIP_DECL_PRICERREDCOST:
How does one recover this constraint and the data attached to the current
branch node? what about the whole history of branches along the tree up to
this node?

Cheers
Shahin