[Scip] how to implement Lagrangian relaxation based branch-and-bound?

Xiangyong Li lixiangyong at 163.com
Tue Aug 19 16:00:03 CEST 2014

 Dear Dr. Gamrath,

Thanks. Is there any reference regarding implementation of Lagrangian relaxation based branch and bound in the SCIP?

Best regards,

Xiangyong

From: Gerald Gamrath
Date: 2014-08-19 18:26
To: lixiangyong at 163.com; scip
Subject: Re: [Scip] how to implement Lagrangian relaxation based branch-and-bound?
Dear Xiangyong,

yes, you can use SCIP for that. You need to implement a relaxation handler, see
http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/RELAX.php

Additionally, you can turn off LP solving by setting the parameter "lp/solvefreq" to -1.