[Scip] Recommended language for QP with quadratic and cubic constraints

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Sun Feb 23 21:37:01 CET 2014

Hi,

On 02/23/2014 04:50 PM, Ramón Casero Cañas wrote:
> Thanks for your reply, Giacomo, but isn't lpopt a subsolver for qpopt,
> only for QP with linear constraints, as it says here?
>
> http://tomopt.com/docs/qpopt1-0.pdf
>
> My problem has quadratic and cubic constraints.

He was talking about Ipopt (https://projects.coin-or.org/Ipopt). For
your instances, it would give you local optimal solution.
You probably can just try out Ipopt via the OPTI toolbox.

For free input formats to SCIP, it's indeed PIP, ZIMPL, and OSiL that
would be suitable for you. If you want to input model instances, then
PIP may be the way to go (http://polip.zib.de/pipformat.php). It's very
similar to the .lp format. If you want to do modeling, then ZIMPL may be
the way to go.
In case of polynomial objective/constraints, it should not matter for
the solution algorithm whether you input via PIP or ZIMPL (or OSiL).

Stefan