[Scip] SCIP_RETCODE function

Ambros Gleixner gleixner at zib.de
Thu Feb 27 02:55:12 CET 2014

Dear Mahdi,

Am 27.02.2014 00:56, schrieb Mahdi Noorizadegan (DIMAP):
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to implement a branch and price algorithm.
> I have two questions.
> First, if in two different iterations, two different variables have the
> same name (label),
> does SCIP see them the same when it solves the problem?

if you create two variables with SCIPcreateVar(scip, var1, name1, ...)
and SCIPcreateVar(scip, var2, name2, ...) then they are treated as
different even if name1 and name2 are identical strings.

> Note that in .lp file they are the same but with different coefficients.

In .lp files, variables are identified by the name, so the same name
means the same variable.

> I have a list of labels so that I can name variables in a specific
> sequence.  But when I do in SCIP_RETCODE, in the next iteration it is
> empty. So, next time when a new variable is defined, it takes the same
> name as the previous one!
> How I can accumulate the list.

SCIP_RETCODE is not a method/function, but a return value, so I do not
understand which part of your implementation you are referring to.  It
sounds a bit like you want to use a "pricer data" in order to store
information across different calls of the pricing algorithm, see

http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/PRICER.php

for details.

Best regards,

ambros