[Scip] Branch-Price to Branch-cut-Price

Cristina Núñez del Toro cristina.nunez at upc.edu
Tue Jul 1 11:30:48 CEST 2014

Dear Gerald,

Actually, my intention is to cut off the suboptimal LP solutions.

I realized that these suboptimal LP solutions are not good since they
violate some cover inequalities. Since these cover inequalities are very
easy to detect, but not convinient to add them as initial constraints
because of their exponential number, I wish I could add these cuts before
generate columns. By doing this, I could: 1) strengthen the lower bounds
and even more important, 2) avoid generating a lot of columns that in fact
are not useful.

What do you thing? Is there any chance that I can aspire to implement this?

Best regards,

---
Cristina Nuñez