[Scip] Adding variables in a heuristic

Jens Leoff jens.leoff at itwm.fraunhofer.de
Wed Jul 2 13:12:30 CEST 2014

Dear List,

I am currently implementing a heuristic for some kind of cutting stock
problem. This heuristic rounds down the continuous variable value for
each pattern variable in the LP solution and then tries to regain
feasibility by adding appropriate patterns. Of course it can happen that
a needed pattern and its variable were not generated in a previous
pricing round. When I try to add the required variables in the heuristic
the pricestore will be non-empty and the following assert fails
src/scip/solve.c:1843: SCIPpriceLoop: Assertion
`SCIPpricestoreGetNVars(pricestore) == 0' failed.
Is there a way to add new variables in a heuristic?

Kind Regards

Jens Leoff