[Scip] question about applicability of SCIP to my programming problem

Gregor Hendel hendel at zib.de
Sat Jul 5 18:14:12 CEST 2014

Dear Heng Zhou

SCIP only accepts linear objective functions. A nonlinear objective
function min C(x) needs to be linearized by means of an auxiliary
objective variable w and a constraint in the form
            min w
s.t. C(x) <= w

The nonlinear constraint handler of SCIP can handle quite general
arithmetic constraints. In order to give you more advise, it would be
good if you described the nature
of your complex constraints/objective functions in more detail.

Kind regards,
Gregor