[Scip] Question about reducing memory usage of SCIP optimizer

Abde Ali Kagalwalla abdeali.iitb at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 13:42:09 CEST 2014

Dear SCIP developers,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for all your help in working with the
SCIP optimization framework. Using SCIP, we recently had a paper titled
"Benchmarking of Mask Fracturing Heuristics" accepted at the International
Conference on Computer-Aided Design (ICCAD) 2014.

In our project, we are solving very large ILPs using branch-and-price. We
run the optimizer with a fixed time limit and report the best lower and
upper bound. This works reasonably well for most of our testcases. But
there are some testcases, where the total number of columns added by the
pricer (over several iterations) keeps increasing and eventually the
program uses too much memory and is killed by the OS.

Now my question is if there is a way to avoid this. Is it possible to
specify some limit  on the number of active variables, etc. that could help
us avoid this problem ?

Regards,

Abde Ali