[Scip] help : for expressing constraint

Ambros Gleixner gleixner at zib.de
Fri Jul 18 09:16:04 CEST 2014

Dear Abdelkader Ouali,

SCIP does not provide a constraint handler for this type of equivalence.
  If you do not want to model it via simple linear big-M constraints,
then you could use two indicator constraints, see

    http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/cons__indicator_8h.php

For the implication Y == 0 -> Ct Xt != 0 you can use SCIPgetNegatedVar()
on Y, see

http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/scip_8h.php#a94ec8a6bca8e6e621751b4257bf0d4c1

I assume that because Xt are binary, you can express Ct Xt != 0 as a
linear equality or inequality constraint.

(Because the indicator constraint handler only enforces inequalities,
maybe you need to indicator constraints to model Y==1 -> Ct Xt == 0 as
Ct Xt <= 0 and Ct Xt >= 0, if one of them is not globally valid.  In
this case it may be more efficient to write an your own big-M formulation.)

Best regards,
ambros