[Scip] Scip writes Infeasible solution for some positive gap

Vladimir VV vladimir.voloshinov at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 20:55:21 CEST 2014

Dear SCIP team, Victor,
experimenting on some Task-Worker scheduling model (written as
mixed-boolean LP) I found that for some (!?) positive value of
limits/gap SCIP writes infeasible solution to file.

E.g. for gap=0.2 SCIP returns feasible approximate solution, but for
gap=0.1 - infeasible one.
In the last case I see that there are a a lot of "primalbound" feasible vectors:
>SCIP Status        : solving was interrupted [gap limit reached]
>Solving Time (sec) : 123.96
>Solving Nodes      : 221991
>Primal Bound       : +8.46095278447460e+00 (40 solutions)
>Dual Bound         : +7.69597947107262e+00
>Gap                : 9.94 %
But check returned *.sol file in AMPL-script shows that some
constraints are violated (values of boolean variables are "right",
0|1)

I use SCIPAMPL and I get this wrong solution both in "batch" and
"interactive" (with -i option) modes of running SCIPAMPL.
Moreover, I have this problem for SCIP 3.0.2 and 3.1.0.

Can you help me ?

Sincerely yours,
--
Vladimir V. Voloshinov,