[Scip] Column generation, meaning of the output from CPLEX after a column is added

Gerald Gamrath gamrath at zib.de
Tue Mar 11 18:04:56 CET 2014

Hi Xavier,

I can only guess what it means: Probably, the steepest edge norm for the
new column is computed, because we use the steepest edge pricing method
within CPLEX by default. Is there any more output? But probably the time
is spent for solving the LP after the norms were initialized, CPLEX does
not always print output for that.

You can also try to change the CPLEX pricing method to something else,
e.g., devex pricing by setting the parameter "lp/pricing = d" and see
how this changes the behavior.