[Scip] Question about the resultant of a constraint

Bai, Gang me at baigang.net
Fri May 9 04:38:19 CEST 2014

Hi SCIP folks,

I am pretty new to SCIP. A quick and specific question. Can I use the
resultant of a OR constraint as a variable in another linear constraint?

Adding some details, I am going to solve such a question:

  r1 = x1 OR x2 OR … OR x_m1

  r2  = x_(m1+1) … OR x_m2

  ….

  rk = x_(m_(k-1) + 1) … Or x_mk

  lhs <= c1*r1 + c2*r2 +… + ck*rk <= rhs

So r_i are resultants of those cons_or instances. While in the linear
constraint, r_i are used as variables. Is it valid to `SCIPgetResultantOr’
to obtain r_i and directly add it to the linear constraint?

BTW, to me, cons_or is something more like an operation rather than a
constraint. Correct me if I am wrong, please.

Best regards,

--

Gang