[Scip] Pricing generates an already existing column

Martin Bergner bergner at or.rwth-aachen.de
Tue May 20 18:44:07 CEST 2014

Hi Gerald,

> some time ago, we had an issue with CPLEX for branch-and-price related
> to the fastmip setting. This should be fixed for quite some time and I
> did not encounter it since then. In particular with the latest release,
> the LP cutoff bound is automatically disabled for branch-and-price and
> fastmip should not make a difference. However, to be on the safe side,
> you could disable this and see if it helps.
no, that was an issue using the callable library of CPLEX without any
SCIP-involvement and it was 3.5 years ago, I'm not sure if the issue is
still there. However, I've seen it and it took me a few weeks to figure
out that it was not my but CPLEX's fault.

Regards,
Martin

P.S.: The versions involved where CPLEX 12.1 and 12.2