[Scip] Interrupt & resume scip after every solution

Gerald Gamrath gamrath at zib.de
Sun Oct 12 03:41:00 CEST 2014

Hi,

when you set a solution limit, SCIP will not directly stop after finding
the solution, but in order to be in a state from which it can be
restarted, it will continue processing the current node and perform
branching. However, all expensive routines are skipped, so cutting plane
separation, other heuristics, or strong branching are not done anymore
at this node. In particular if this happens at the root node, it can
lead to a significant change since there are some heuristics which are
only called at the root node and also cutting plane separation is only
performed there by default.

If you want to change this, you can use the event handler system of SCIP
and write an event handler that reacts on new solutions. There is an
example for that in examples/Eventhdlr, please have a look there. This
event handler can save the solution, if you want to stop because the
solution is good enough, it can call SCIPinterruptSolve() or change the
solution limit accordingly.

Alternatively, you can also get all found solutions after the solving
process via SCIPgetSols() and their number via SCIPgetNSols(). Note that
there is a limit on the number of solutions stored (100 per default),
which you can adjust by the parameter "limits/maxsol".