[Scip] Heuristic parameters not recognized

Gregor Hendel hendel at zib.de
Tue Oct 21 09:59:15 CEST 2014

Hi Andrea,

since you mentioned you use the SCIP callable library, you can simply
use the method

SCIPsetHeuristics(scip, SCIP_PARAMSETTING_OFF, TRUE)

in order to deactivate all heuristics. This approach has the advantage
that in future releases, there are going to be new heuristics that you
need not manually deactivate inside your application code again whenever
you switch to a newer version.

No matter whether you use the emphasis approach or manually turn them
off, make sure you access the parameters after
you included the default plugins of SCIP via
SCIPincludeDefaultPlugins(scip), because otherwise, the parameters
indeed do not exist yet.

Hope this helps,

kind regards
Gregor