[Scip] Computing primal solution after fixing

Andrea Taverna andrea.taverna at unimi.it
Wed Oct 22 19:04:41 CEST 2014

Dear all,

I'm a bit confused on how to implement a "rounding" heuristic.

I'm working on a column generation algorithm.
Basically my heuristic fixes some fractional binary variables to 0/1 by
calling SCIPsetSolVal.

What should I do after those fixings to get a feasible solution?

 From the examples, e.g. the TSP one, it seems that no LP solver is
called explicitly on the working copy of the LP solution to generate a
feasible solution . There are just calls to functions like SCIPtrySol or
SCIProundSol.

So, if I understand correctly, SCIP reoptimizes in some way the working
copy of the LP solution to obtain the actual heuristic solution. Is that so?

TIA

Andrea