[Scip] How to set Ipopt options in SCIP

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Thu Oct 23 17:59:56 CEST 2014

Hi,

there is a way to specify a separate Ipopt options file for the Ipopt
calls that are done by the subnlp heuristic.
This is heuristics/subnlp/nlpoptfile. Setting this to, e.g., "ipopt.opt"
should make Ipopt read ipopt.opt.

Additionally, when using SCIP as library, then you can use the function
SCIPsetModifiedDefaultSettingsIpopt() (include nlpi/nlpi_ipopt.h) to
pass a string with options specifications (not an options file name but
the options file content itself). This would then apply to all Ipopt
calls. However, subnlp is most likely the place that triggers an Ipopt run.

Stefan