[Scip] variable stats

James Cussens james.cussens at york.ac.uk
Thu Oct 30 11:27:23 CET 2014

Dear Gregor,

This is very helpful, many thanks. I still need to clarify a few things ...

> prio: The branch priority of this variable. Only the branching candidates
> with highest priority are branched on at a node
> factor:

Just to be clear. Suppose all variables are integer, and we had one
variable x' which had a higher priority than all others, and suppose
its value was not already fixed. Suppose further that x' had a integer
value in the current node's LP solution, but all others had fractional
value. One SCIP still just go ahead and branch on x' ?

> branchings up/down: The actual number of times this variable has been
> branched on in the respective directions.

Naively one would expect the number of up and down branchings to be
equal since (assuming 'normal' binary branching) two branches are
created by branching on a variable. Is the difference in these two
numbers due to child nodes being pruned / cut off? Or is there some
other reason?

Best wishes,

James

--