[Scip] Problem with ObjConshdlr

Benjamin Müller benjamin.mueller at zib.de
Fri Oct 31 15:44:40 CET 2014

Dear Demetrio,

do you have created and added a constraint belonging to you constraint
handler? If you did not add such a constraint then SCIP (of course)
thinks that there is nothing to do in the SCIP_DECL_CONSSEPALP callback
since there is no constraint which can be handled by your constraint
handler.

If this is your current problem then have a look at the TSP example of
SCIP. There is a constraint handler which handles the subtour
elimination constraints. To really exclude subtours one has to add a
constraint via the SCIPcreateConsSubtour method in ReaderTSP.cpp. After
this call there is a constraint belonging to the constraint handler and
then it is possible to do several things in the SCIP_DECL_CONSSEPALP
callback.

Best regards,
Benny

Am 31.10.2014 um 15:07 schrieb Demetrio Laganà:
> Dear SCIP mailing list,
> I have a problem when using ObjConshdlr. More precisely, I have
> implemented the virtual methods from this class and included them in
> the main.cpp of my NetBeans project through SCIPincludeObjConshdlr. It
> seems to me that something does not work, because during the flow
> execution of the code only the constructor of this class is run
> without printing any message included
> into SCIP_DECL_CONSSEPALP(ConshdlrMaxTime::scip_sepalp) function. Can
> you help me?
> Thanks in advance
> Best regards
> Demetrio Laganà