[Scip] Question about the SCIP_DECL_CONSDEACTIVE method for the constraint handler of a branching rule

Jose Walteros jl.walteros at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 09:52:17 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I am currently working on a Branch Price and Cut algorithm that requires a simple variation of the classic Ryan-Foster branching rule. For my code, I used as a guide the file cons_samediff.c from the bin packing example. So far, I have been able to adapt the code without any mayor problems. However, I am having some issues with the assertion of line 492. This is an assertion that is called from the method that deactivates the branching constraints of a given node. (SCIP_DECL_CONSDEACTIVE). The actually code of these line is assert( consdataCheck(scip, probdata, consdata) );

It seems SCIP is updating the bounds of the variables unfixing the variables that where fixed in that node, right before SCIP_DECL_CONSDEACTIVE is executed (it perhaps should doubt after). In other words, the local bounds of the variables no longer include the printing decisions given by the constraint that is being deactivated. I am wondering if you guys know how to fix this issue.

Also, I am would like to know if there is a special reason for having two almost consecutive assertions that do the same in that function, lines 492 and 502?

Thanks for the help

PD: I am using the 3.2.0 version.

—Jose