[Scip] Question about branching on master variables in SCIP

Felipe Serrano fserranom5 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 16:51:09 CEST 2015

Hi Yongjia

I can imagine that SCIP doesn't deal with the extra complications
automatically.
Actually, in the binpacking example explicit logicor constraints are added
to the pricing problem in order to avoid generating the same packing.
So I am guessing that you would need to add some constraint that avoids the
generation of a fixed route to your pricing problem.

I do not have any explanation for the behavior you describe apart from:
SCIP might be generating the same variable on the branch where it is
supposed to be fix to 0.

Best,
Felipe