[SCIP] Restart after root node

Aao Du aaoduu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 04:38:42 CEST 2015

Dear all,

I have a decomposed model, a master problem and subproblems. I am trying to
perform pricing only at the root node, and then change the variables to
integer and solve it again. I have tried two ways. One is to print the lp
format of the problem after root node, with variables as integer, and give
it to SCIP binaries. In this way, the second part of the solving process (
solving the final master problem with binaries) is performed fast.
The other way, is to define the variables as integer from begining, and
stop pricing at the root node, and change the constarints to unmodifiable.
In this way, after the lp of master problem is solved, it takes way more
than the first method to solve it. Following a previous email, I tried to
restart the master problem after root node, but it did not make any change
in the time. I thought maybe i am doing sth wrong. What is the proper place
in the pricerobj to change the modifiable flag of constraints? I think it
should be somewhere before redcost, or maybe in it.

Sorry for the long email.

Thanks,
Emily